PenTRAIN is a paediatric trainee-led group which aims to promote research interest and skills among paediatric junior doctors in the South West Peninsula through working collaboratively across the region.
We work together on projects which address issues relevant to child health, paediatric medical education and/or paediatric training. Our projects may be multi-centre audit or Quality Improvement projects, or formal research.
We aim to:
1. be an accessible gateway into research for paediatric trainees across the Peninsula region
2. share and publish high quality research, audit and quality improvement work
3. collaborate with other regional and national networks
4. signpost educational and training opportunities in research
5. organise formal deanery study days for paediatric trainees to build research skills and knowledge